Dwelling Fire Policy
The Dwelling Fire policy provides the protection for dwellings that do not qualify for one of N.C. Grange Mutual’s Homeowner policies and for dwellings other than a primary residence such as tenant houses. N.C. Grange Mutual has two programs available, one for standard “stick built” dwellings and one for tenant mobilehomes. These policies can be extended to cover more than just the standard coverages of fire and lightning.
- DF – for the standard “stick built” dwelling
- MH2 – for tenant mobilehomes
The basic Dwelling Fire Policies provide protection from the perils of fire and lightning. Various types of coverages are available such as:
Coverage A – Dwelling
Coverage B – Other Structures
Coverage C – Personal Property
Coverage D – Fair Rental Value
What these standard coverages protect:
- Your dwelling and structures attached to the dwelling
- Unattached garage and outbuildings, such as a utility shed, used to service the main dwelling
- Your personal property such as furniture, clothing and appliances
- Fair rental value of Coverages A, B, and/or C if damaged by a covered peril if the loss makes the covered item unfit for normal use.
What property perils are covered?
In addition, the policy also covers:
- Debris removal after a loss has occurred
- Reasonable repair costs to protect from further damage after a loss has occurred
The policy can be extended to cover the following perils:
Windstorms and Tornados
Strikes and Riots
Optional Coverages include:
Sudden water damage
Freezing of plumbing
Weight of ice and snow
Fire Department Service Charges
Trees, shrubs and plants
… and more
You could possibly qualify for premium credits such as:
Protection Device Credits
Higher Deductible Credit
Building Under Construction Credit
NOTE: Some Coverages or discounts may not apply depending on the plan. Some exclusions and limitations may apply. Please see an agent near you for assistance in determining your insurance needs and the plans and coverages available to you.